Francesca initially took up Physical Therapy as a pre-medicine degree. However, during her first clinical rotation in a charity outpatient clinic, she realized that being able to help people get back on their feet each step of the way was her true calling.
Francesca has worked in the general orthopedic setting which included pre- and post-operative care, work injuries, sports injuries, chronic pain, performance and training, etc. Although she individualizes each treatment session based on patient collaboration, her overall treatment style integrates manual therapy, therapeutic exercise following strength and conditioning principles, neuromuscular re-education, and pain science education. Francesca promotes a holistic treatment approach as she highlights the importance of psychosocial factors, nutrition, and recovery to the rehabilitation process.
Being an advocate for practicing what you preach—she enjoys going to the gym, indoor cycling, or practicing yoga. During her free time, you can catch her hiking, traveling, or lounging on the beach. Being born and raised in Long Beach, CA, but educated in the Philippines—Francesca is fluent in Filipino as well!
As a promoter of lifelong learning—Francesca is preparing to get her certification in strength and conditioning (CSCS) and board certification for orthopedic specialists (OCS).
- University of the Philippines Manila (2016) – BS Physical Therapy
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, St. Augustine, Florida (2021) – Doctor of Physical Therapy
- SMT-1: High-Velocity, Low-Amplitude Thrust Manipulation of the Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, & Sacroiliac Joints — American Academy of Manipulative Therapy
- Champion Performance Specialist (C-PS) – Champion Physical Therapy & Performance
- PNF Functional Neuromuscular and Motor Control Training – Institute of Physical Art (IPA)
- Clinical Management of the Fitness Athlete: Essential Foundations (CMFA) – Institute of Clinical Excellence
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment – Functional Movement Systems
- Functional Mobilization 1- Institute of Physical Art
- Active Release Technique Lower Extremity 1 – Active Release Techniques
- Active Release Technique Upper Extremity 1 – Active Release Techniques